Over the past year or two Nokia has done a good job at racking up awards for their new devices. Who isn’t up for more good press?
As you can probably tell, I am pretty hot on the new Nokia Lumia 920, so here is my article trumpeting its triumphs. First up is this from Nokia Conversations. They have been eagerly keeping count on how their prize possession is doing, and so far they have counted 12 awards for it alone in 2012. Here is a quick run-down of what they have got on the list:
- The Top Smartphone of 2012, V3, UK
- The Best Mobile Phone of 2012, Readers Choice Award, Gizmodo, Australia
- iF Award for Outstanding Design, International Forum Design , Germany
- Mobil Award for Best Smartphone Design, Mobile Magazine, Denmark
- Best Smartphones of 2012, The Next Web, USA
- Top Score Award, Mobil, Sweden
- The Best High End Smartphones for the Holidays, CNET, USA
- Best Productivity Phone, Best Camera Phone, Best Mapping Phone, Best Windows Phone, Runner up, Arstechnic, USA
- Top 25 Tech of 2012, Mashable, USA
- Top Smartphone of the Year, Mybroadband, South Africa
- Best AT&T Smartphones of 2012, BGR, USA
- “Probably the most advanced smartphone on the market”, The Independent, UK
They point out that the 12th point is not really an award but a ‘big endorsement’.
Well, you can count that on this website the Nokia Lumia 920 would win smartphone of the year if I actually had rankings up. It is safe to say that whatever opinion you have, there is no denying the fact that the Nokia Lumia 920 is one of the best smartphones out there, and I would like to say the most innovative too.
So to sum up: it isn’t just the likes of the 808 Pureview that have reviewers and consumers exuberant about their phones prowess. The Nokia Lumia 920 is just as special and has garnered more praise than just about anything in the mobile industry recently.
It also ranks consistently highly in the Phone Dog smartphone rankings, taking the number 2 spot for people’s choice, and was as high as 4th in the expert’s choice. As well as regular un-sponsored endorsements from the likes of a billionaire to a F1 driver, and other accolades such as Jessica Alba being pictured with it as her phone, it is doing rather well. What can I say, it deserves it!